Can I eat processed meat if I have a high risk of illness from Listeria?

People at a higher risk of serious illness from Listeria, especially older adults, those with a weakened immune system, and pregnant women, should not eat hot dogs, luncheon meats, cold cuts, other deli meats (such as bologna), or fermented or dry sausages unless they are heated to an internal temperature of 165°F or until steaming hot just before serving.

Continue Learning about Food Poisoning

Safe Food Handling: How to Avoid Foodborne Illness
Are you having E. coli, salmonella, campylobacter, listeria, or cyclospora for dinner? These are just a few of the hundreds of organisms that could be...
Reusable Totes Can Harbor Bacteria and Make You Sick
You're trying to do your bit to save the planet by using eco-friendly grocery bags, but if you don't clean those reusable totes frequently and properl...
What is Campylobacter?
Campylobacter is a genus of bacteria. It is most often associated with abdominal pain, diarrhea and ...
Is canned seafood safe for those at high risk of contracting Listeria?
Canned and shelf stable tuna, salmon, and other fish products are safe to eat.