How does botulism food poisoning affect the body?

Botulism food poisoning can cause paralysis throughout the body. One of the most dangerous complications of the illness is paralysis of the muscles that allow breathing. If this happens, you will need to be on a ventilator. Being unable to breathe is the most common cause of botulism food poisoning deaths. However with treatment, the effects of botulism food poisoning are temporary and usually disappear after a few weeks.

Continue Learning about Food Poisoning

Reusable Totes Can Harbor Bacteria and Make You Sick
You're trying to do your bit to save the planet by using eco-friendly grocery bags, but if you don't clean those reusable totes frequently and properl...
Safe Food Handling: How to Avoid Foodborne Illness
Are you having E. coli, salmonella, campylobacter, listeria, or cyclospora for dinner? These are just a few of the hundreds of organisms that could be...
How can I keep my kitchen free of listeria?
To keep your kitchen free of listeria, consider the following tips: Keep cold foods cold, which m...
What precautions should I take to avoid food-borne illness?
Germs are everywhere when you're cooking food. From washing your hands to keeping a clean cutting bo...