Are there alternative treatments for botulism food poisoning?

The most successful treatments for botulism food poisoning is antitoxin; there are no effective alternative treatments. If you are having trouble breathing, a ventilator will be used. You may also have to have speech therapy.

Continue Learning about Food Poisoning

Listeria Outbreak: Must-Know Facts and Symptoms
Food poisoning from listeria keeps making headlines in 2015. In April, Blue Bell Creameries recalled all of its products—though it started pulling pro...
Reusable Totes Can Harbor Bacteria and Make You Sick
You're trying to do your bit to save the planet by using eco-friendly grocery bags, but if you don't clean those reusable totes frequently and properl...
How can I tell if my food is contaminated?
If you are not careful, the food you buy can make you sick. Learn how to shop safely for groceri...
Can people at higher risk of Listeria infection safely eat cheese?
People at a higher risk of serious illness from Listeria, especially older adults, those with a weak...