What are the treatment options for fructose intolerance?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Fructose intolerance can be managed with a fructose-free diet. You should avoid foods that contain fructose, sorbitol (an artificial sugar that converts to fructose in your body), and sucrose (table sugar). High fructose corn syrup is in many foods, so read labels carefully to identify hidden ingredients in foods.

Continue Learning about Food Allergies & Food Intolerance

What is the food elimination test?
Because food has such an influence on our digestion, it stands to reason that you can change the way...
What should I do if I think I'm gluten intolerant?
Here's what to do if you suspect gluten intolerance is to blame for your digestion problems:Talk...
How can I tell if my baby is allergic to soy?
A soy allergy is often diagnosed in infancy when a child has a reaction to a formula that contains s...
How Can I Help Prevent Food Allergies?
How Can I Help Prevent Food Allergies?