What are the treatment options for fructose intolerance?

Fructose intolerance can be managed with a fructose-free diet. You should avoid foods that contain fructose, sorbitol (an artificial sugar that converts to fructose in your body), and sucrose (table sugar). High fructose corn syrup is in many foods, so read labels carefully to identify hidden ingredients in foods.

Continue Learning about Food Allergies & Food Intolerance

Could You Have a Food Sensitivity and Not Know It?
If your skin breaks into a fiery, itchy rash, your tongue swells and breathing becomes difficult shortly after eating a shrimp cocktail, there’s a goo...
Why has there been an increase in food allergies?
Leigh Vinocur, MDLeigh Vinocur, MD
The Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Network (FAAN) states that food allergies affect about 3% of the ge...
What causes wheat allergies?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Certain foods prompt the body's immune system to react in abnormal ways. For people with wheat aller...
What Are Some Food Substitutions for Corn in my Diet?