What should I do if I think I'm gluten intolerant?

Here's what to do if you suspect gluten intolerance is to blame for your digestion problems:
  • Talk to your doc about a blood test for gluten auto-antibodies (lgA and IgG, lgA EMA, and tTG IgA). Positive results? A biopsy will confirm the diagnosis.
  • If you're diagnosed with celiac disease or gluten sensitivity, eliminate gluten from your diet and avoid other gluten-hiding substances -- even makeup.
  • Get your folate levels tested. Supplements may be essential to healing.
You can still eat whole grains -- and I encourage you to. Just choose whole grains that are gluten-free, such as chia, corn, rice, and sorghum.

Continue Learning about Food Allergies & Food Intolerance

Are Your Food Allergies Real?
Are Your Food Allergies Real?
Many parents refused to take their children to see last year’s film Peter Rabbit. The movie includes a scene in which Peter and a gang of bunnies use ...
What should I do if I think I have a food allergy?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
If you think you have a food allergy, it’s important to visit your doctor. Your doctor will ask lots...
Could my peanut allergy last for the rest of my life?
Dr. Tanya R. Altmann, MDDr. Tanya R. Altmann, MD
A peanut allergy is the food allergy most likely to be life-threatening, but is it lifelong? In this...
Why Should I Avoid High-Fructose Corn Syrup?