What kind of research is being done for fructose intolerance?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Fructose intolerance is caused by the lack of an enzyme that helps your body process fructose. Researchers are trying to identify all of the mutations that can cause fructose intolerance, to learn more about the nature of the disease, to gather data on how the disease affects people of different ethnic groups, and to identify possible ways to respond to the missing enzyme. To cure fructose intolerance, you would have to have your gene with the abnormality replaced or the aldolase B enzyme put in the kidney, liver, and intestine. Speak with your doctor if you are interested in participating in clinical trials.

Continue Learning about Food Allergies & Food Intolerance

What Are the Symptoms of a Food Sensitivity to Corn?
How Is a Dairy Allergy Different From Lactose Intolerance?
How Can I Get My Digestion Back on Track?
How Can a Food Sensitivity to Corn Mimic Gluten Sensitivity in the Body?