What other food allergies are associated with a peanut allergy?

Dr. Pina LoGiudice, LAc, ND
Naturopathic Medicine
From a naturopathic standpoint, many young patients have cow's milk, egg and even gluten allergies -- all of which can increase inflammatory cells in the body, thus causing increased susceptibility to an exaggerated reaction to peanut. In my experience, removing offending foods like cow's milk and gluten can often lower the child's reactiveness to other foods like peanuts.

Continue Learning about Food Allergies & Food Intolerance

Could You Have a Food Sensitivity and Not Know It?
If your skin breaks into a fiery, itchy rash, your tongue swells and breathing becomes difficult shortly after eating a shrimp cocktail, there’s a goo...
What should I do if I think I'm gluten intolerant?
Here's what to do if you suspect gluten intolerance is to blame for your digestion problems:Talk...
How do food allergies affect skin?
Natasha Turner, NDNatasha Turner, ND
What you eat (or how you digest it) can often be seen on your face, particularly when it comes to sk...
How Can a Food Sensitivity to Corn Mimic Gluten Sensitivity in the Body?