What other food allergies are associated with a peanut allergy?

Dr. Pina LoGiudice, LAc, ND
Naturopathic Medicine
From a naturopathic standpoint, many young patients have cow's milk, egg and even gluten allergies -- all of which can increase inflammatory cells in the body, thus causing increased susceptibility to an exaggerated reaction to peanut. In my experience, removing offending foods like cow's milk and gluten can often lower the child's reactiveness to other foods like peanuts.

Continue Learning about Food Allergies & Food Intolerance

Is there a difference between a food allergy and a food intolerance?
Many people think the terms food allergy and food intolerance mean the same thing, but they do not. ...
If I have a food allergy, how can I avoid having a reaction?
To help Americans avoid the health risks due to food allergens, Congress passed the Food Allergen La...
Should common food allergens be banned from schools?
Paul M. Ehrlich, MDPaul M. Ehrlich, MD
I agree with the Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Network (FAAN) that foods that cause common allergic...
What Are Some Food Substitutions for Corn in my Diet?