Should I talk to my doctor about my fructose intolerance symptoms?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing
Family Practitioner

You should talk to your doctor if you notice any fructose intolerance symptoms. After your doctor completes tests to determine if you have fructose intolerance, you may be referred to a nutritionist who can help you modify your diet to avoid fructose-rich foods. A nutritionist can also help ensure that your diet contains the nutrients you need to maintain your health.

Continue Learning about Food Allergies & Food Intolerance

What lifestyle changes must I make if I have a child with wheat allergies?
Diana MeeksDiana Meeks
The most significant lifestyle change will be what foods you and your family eat and how you cook it...
More Answers
How can I protect my child with food allergies?
Parents have long been advised to avoid introducing certain foods—spices, dairy, wheat, for example—...
More Answers
What Are the Symptoms of a Food Sensitivity to Corn?
What Are the Symptoms of a Food Sensitivity to Corn?
How to Spot Food Allergies in Kids
How to Spot Food Allergies in Kids

Important: This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.