Is there a cure for fructose intolerance?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

There is no cure for fructose intolerance, but doctors have identified the gene that causes it. You can be tested to determine if you are a carrier and what your odds may be of passing the disease to your children. If you have fructose intolerance, you can minimize your symptoms by avoiding foods that contain fructose. Try to avoid sugar, soft drinks, desserts, and fruits like cherries, apples, grapes, and pears.

Continue Learning about Food Allergies & Food Intolerance

What is food intolerance?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Food intolerance is a chemical reaction in your body that does not involve the immune system. It is ...
What are the benefits of a food-elimination test?
When you eliminate a group from your diet via a food-elimination test, you'll notice different t...
How Can I Help Prevent Food Allergies?
How Can I Help Prevent Food Allergies?
What Foods Commonly Cause Food Allergies?