Is there a cure for fructose intolerance?

There is no cure for fructose intolerance, but doctors have identified the gene that causes it. You can be tested to determine if you are a carrier and what your odds may be of passing the disease to your children. If you have fructose intolerance, you can minimize your symptoms by avoiding foods that contain fructose. Try to avoid sugar, soft drinks, desserts, and fruits like cherries, apples, grapes, and pears.

Continue Learning about Food Allergies & Food Intolerance

Are Your Food Allergies Real?
Are Your Food Allergies Real?
Many parents refused to take their children to see last year’s film Peter Rabbit. The movie includes a scene in which Peter and a gang of bunnies use ...
What is a gluten allergy?
Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)
Eighteen million people in the United States are sensitive or allergic to gluten, a protein found in...
What are IgE-mediated food allergies?
Jessica R. Savage, MDJessica R. Savage, MD
IgE-mediated food allergies are one of the main types of food allergies. In this video, Jessica Sava...
Why Should I Avoid High-Fructose Corn Syrup?