If I have fructose intolerance, can I process other sugars?

Fructose intolerance is a disorder that limits your body's ability to process fructose. Other kinds of sugars, such as lactose, may or may not be processed efficiently by your body depending on other conditions. To avoid symptoms, doctors usually recommend that you avoid foods containing both fructose and sucrose if you have fructose intolerance.

Continue Learning about Food Allergies & Food Intolerance

Everything You Need to Know About Food Allergies
Whether shrimp makes you itchy or eggs give you hives, you’re in good company. Food allergies affect around 32 million Americans, according to the non...
What are IgE-mediated food allergies?
Jessica R. Savage, MDJessica R. Savage, MD
IgE-mediated food allergies are one of the main types of food allergies. In this video, Jessica Sava...
Why are food allergies more common in children than adults?
Children's immune systems are not as developed or as robust as adults' immune systems. When a child'...
How to Spot Food Allergies in Kids
How to Spot Food Allergies in Kids