If I have fructose intolerance, can I use artificial sweetener?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

If you have fructose intolerance, you should eliminate foods and drinks that contain fructose from your diet. There may be some artificial sweeteners that you can use depending on the symptoms you may experience. Some people find that they can tolerate small amounts of artificial sweeteners like aspartame, neotame, saccharin, or splenda. You may also be able to eat corn sugar, as it is glucose, not fructose.

Continue Learning about Food Allergies & Food Intolerance

Are Your Food Allergies Real?
Are Your Food Allergies Real?
Many parents refused to take their children to see last year’s film Peter Rabbit. The movie includes a scene in which Peter and a gang of bunnies use ...
How do FDA regulations protect people with peanut allergies?
When you have a peanut allergy, it means that exposure to peanuts by digestion, skin contact or inha...
What foods can I eat if I have a soy allergy?
Managing your soy allergy on a daily basis requires being aware of the foods you eat and the product...
What Are the Symptoms of a Food Sensitivity to Corn?