How can a food sensitivity to corn mimic gluten sensitivity in the body?

Amy E. Myers, MD
Family Medicine
Gluten and corn share similar proteins, so your body could easily mistake corn for gluten. In this video, functional medicine specialist Amy Myers, MD, explains molecular mimicry, and how a food sensitivity to corn can mimic a gluten sensitivity.

Continue Learning about Food Allergies & Food Intolerance

Could You Have a Food Sensitivity and Not Know It?
If your skin breaks into a fiery, itchy rash, your tongue swells and breathing becomes difficult shortly after eating a shrimp cocktail, there’s a goo...
How can I help my child manage a food allergy?
Dr. Clifford W. Bassett, MDDr. Clifford W. Bassett, MD
  Here are some tips and strategies that may help to reduce the risks during Halloween if you have ...
What should I do if I think I'm gluten intolerant?
Here's what to do if you suspect gluten intolerance is to blame for your digestion problems:Talk...
What Are Some Food Substitutions for Corn in my Diet?