How do medications treat fructose intolerance?

There are few medications that you can take to treat fructose intolerance. Avoiding foods and drinks that contain fructose is the best way to treat your disease, but some medications can help address your symptoms, but not the disease. If you have low blood sugar symptoms, you can take glucose tablets to help your sugar levels return to normal. You can also take medication to keep your uric acid levels low to lower your risk for getting gout, which is a painful arthritis.

Continue Learning about Food Allergies & Food Intolerance

Could You Have a Food Sensitivity and Not Know It?
If your skin breaks into a fiery, itchy rash, your tongue swells and breathing becomes difficult shortly after eating a shrimp cocktail, there’s a goo...
How are wheat allergies diagnosed?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Be sure to discuss a variety of topics with your doctor, including symptoms, family history of aller...
What is a food allergy?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
A food allergy is the body's reaction when the immune system gets confused and attacks things in foo...
What Increases My Risk for a Food Allergy?