How do I know if a food contains wheat?

Current labeling laws require food manufacturers to tell on the product's label if it contains wheat. Wheat must be listed even if it is present in colors, flavors, or spice blends. You should read all labels and the ingredients list. Wheat is easy to spot in baked goods, breads, cereals, and crackers. Other foods such as bologna, imitation crab meat, luncheon meats, salad dressings, and some ice cream may have hidden wheat.
Vandana  R. Sheth
Due to the new labeling laws if a product contains wheat in any form, it must be listed as wheat.  You might also find an allergen statement on the bottom of a nutrition label that states "May contain wheat."

Continue Learning about Food Allergies & Food Intolerance

Everything You Need to Know About Common Food Allergies
Whether shrimp makes you itchy or eggs give you hives, you’re in good company. Food allergies affect around 32 million Americans, according to the non...
How do medications treat soy allergies?
Medications can't treat the soy allergy itself, but they can treat the symptoms. Oral antihistamines...
How are food allergies diagnosed?
NewYork-Presbyterian HospitalNewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
An allergist will perform a physical examination and ask you about your signs and symptoms. You may ...
What Are Some Food Substitutions for Corn in my Diet?