How is soy allergy diagnosed?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Your doctor may start by asking you questions about your soy allergy reactions to determine whether or not you're allergic. The doctor will also likely perform one or two allergy tests. In a skin test, the doctor applies some soy to your skin and then watches to determine whether or not you develop a rash. A blood test measures levels of certain antibodies in your blood. Based on the test results, the doctor will determine the right treatment for your condition.

Continue Learning about Food Allergies & Food Intolerance

What can I do if my child has gluten and sugar allergies?
If your child has gluten allergies or intolerance, you'll have to watch what you feed her. But for t...
How Can a Food Sensitivity to Corn Mimic Gluten Sensitivity in the Body?
What Are the Symptoms of a Food Sensitivity to Corn?
What Foods Commonly Cause Food Allergies?