How might managing food allergies get harder as my child gets older?

Ms. Vandana  R. Sheth
Nutrition & Dietetics Specialist

Kids with food allergies might get teased by others who might not understand why they are different or need to stay away from some foods or need to eat special foods. However, food allergies are serious and the best way to handle this is to practice role playing at home with your child and provide education/awareness to the children at school and in activities that your child participates in. If you suspect that your child is getting teased, take immediate action and involve others in the education process so that your child has a safe environment and access to participate in activities like other children.

Continue Learning about Food Allergies & Food Intolerance

What Foods Commonly Cause Food Allergies?
How Is a Dairy Allergy Different From Lactose Intolerance?
How Can I Get My Digestion Back on Track?
How to Spot Food Allergies in Kids
How to Spot Food Allergies in Kids