How can I eat out in restaurants if I have food allergies?

Avoid ethnic restaurants and try to eat at off-peak hours so the chef can customize your food.

Continue Learning about Food Allergies & Food Intolerance

What is oral allergy syndrome?
Paul M. Ehrlich, MDPaul M. Ehrlich, MD
Oral allergy syndrome or OAS is a type of food allergy classified by a cluster of allergic reactions...
What are some of the symptoms of a food intolerance in children?
Symptoms of food intolerance in children can present in many different ways. Watch for rashes and sp...
How are food allergies diagnosed?
NewYork-Presbyterian HospitalNewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
An allergist will perform a physical examination and ask you about your signs and symptoms. You may ...
How common are food allergies in children?
With as much attention as food allergies are getting these days, it shouldn't be a surprise that nea...