How are wheat allergies diagnosed?

Be sure to discuss a variety of topics with your doctor, including symptoms, family history of allergies and any medications you are taking. There are a variety of tests and procedures a doctor can use to diagnose wheat allergies. Your doctor may ask if certain foods seem to trigger symptoms. Doctors may have you make a food diary detailing what you eat and how you react to it, or they may do a skin test to see how you react to various allergens. Sometimes doctors at a hospital will watch and monitor you while you try various foods and see how your body reacts. Your doctor may also just ask you to stop eating foods that seem to be giving you trouble and see if that solves the problem, or do a blood test to look for the proper antibodies.

Continue Learning about Food Allergies & Food Intolerance

Everything You Need to Know About Food Allergies
Whether shrimp makes you itchy or eggs give you hives, you’re in good company. Food allergies affect around 32 million Americans, according to the non...
How do food allergies affect skin?
Natasha Turner, NDNatasha Turner, ND
What you eat (or how you digest it) can often be seen on your face, particularly when it comes to sk...
How can I tell if my baby is allergic to soy?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
A soy allergy is often diagnosed in infancy when a child has a reaction to a formula that contains s...
How Can I Get My Digestion Back on Track?