Do I need to avoid only fruit if I have fructose intolerance?

If you have fructose intolerance, you need to monitor your diet closely. Avoid most fruits, but dairy, fats, eggs, and protein are usually safe to eat. Most vegetables are also allowed except for tomatoes, sweet potatoes, corn, and carrots. You should avoid all desserts, honey, and processed foods that may contain fructose.

Continue Learning about Food Allergies & Food Intolerance

What You Need to Know About Peanut Allergies
Whether you’ve read the tragic news stories, know someone who’s had a serious reaction, or experienced a close call yourself, you’re likely aware that...
What is a food allergy?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
A food allergy is the body's reaction when the immune system gets confused and attacks things in foo...
How is a dairy allergy different from lactose intolerance?
Dr. Mark Hyman, MDDr. Mark Hyman, MD
Functional Medicine Specialist and family physician Dr. Mark Hyman explains how a dairy allergy ...
How Can a Food Sensitivity to Corn Mimic Gluten Sensitivity in the Body?