Can I develop wheat allergies as an adult?

It is uncommon for teenagers and adults to develop a wheat allergy. However-once adults develop wheat allergies-they tend to have them for the rest of their lives. Wheat allergies are most prevalent in children. However-children often outgrow this allergy by the time they are five.

Continue Learning about Food Allergies & Food Intolerance

What You Need to Know About Peanut Allergies
Whether you’ve read the tragic news stories, know someone who’s had a serious reaction, or experienced a close call yourself, you’re likely aware that...
How serious are food allergies?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Food allergies can be very serious. If you have a food allergy it is important to have an emergency ...
What are the symptoms of a wheat allergy?
Nancee Jaffe, RDNancee Jaffe, RD
The symptoms of wheat allergy include hives or rashes, nasal congestion, headaches, watery itchy eye...
What Are Some Food Substitutions for Corn in my Diet?