Are there any fruits I can eat if I have fructose intolerance?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

If you have fructose intolerance, you should avoid all foods that contain fructose. You can, however, eat some foods with the sugar glucose, which your body will be able to absorb. If you have fructose malabsorption, however, some fruits may be more "friendly" to your system than others. You may be able to eat small amounts of blueberries, pineapple, strawberries, and lemons, as these fruits are low in fructose. If your symptoms return after eating these foods, eliminate them from your diet.

Continue Learning about Food Allergies & Food Intolerance

How are wheat allergies diagnosed?
Be sure to discuss a variety of topics with your doctor, including symptoms, family history of aller...
Is there a difference between a food allergy and a food intolerance?
Many people think the terms food allergy and food intolerance mean the same thing, but they do not. ...
What are some of the symptoms of a food intolerance in children?
Symptoms of food intolerance in children can present in many different ways. Watch for rashes and sp...
How Can a Food Sensitivity to Corn Mimic Gluten Sensitivity in the Body?