Are there alternative treatments for fructose intolerance?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

While there are no alternative treatments, fructose intolerance can be treated with a fructose-free diet. Fructose occurs in fruits and fruit juices, confectioner's sugar, table sugar, and honey, so you should avoid these foods and drinks. Limit your intake of processed foods such as high fructose corn syrup as well, as you may notice increased symptoms if you eat too much of these. Talk to your doctor or nutritionist about planning a diet that works for you.

Continue Learning about Food Allergies & Food Intolerance

What You Need to Know About Peanut Allergies
Whether you’ve read the tragic news stories, know someone who’s had a serious reaction, or experienced a close call yourself, you’re likely aware that...
What foods can I eat if I have a soy allergy?
Managing your soy allergy on a daily basis requires being aware of the foods you eat and the product...
How common are food intolerances?
Nancee Jaffe, RDNancee Jaffe, RD
Food intolerances are incredibly common. Lactose is a big one. Up to 50% of the U.S. population has ...
How Can I Help Prevent Food Allergies?
How Can I Help Prevent Food Allergies?