Who should not take fluoxetine?

You should not take fluoxetine if you are allergic to fluoxetine or to any of its other ingredients, if you take MAO inhibitors or thioridazine, or if you have stopped taking an MAO inhibitor within the past two weeks. Talk to your doctor before taking fluoxetine if you are receiving electroshock therapy, if you have recently had a heart attack, or if you have ever had liver disease, heart disease, diabetes, or seizures.

Continue Learning about Fluoxetine

What is the right dosage fluoxetine?
The adult dose of fluoxetine depends on the condition, including: • Premenstrual dysphoric disor...
What happens if I stop taking fluoxetine early?
When taking fluoxetine, you need to take it for the full length of time your doctor prescribes i...
What do I do if I take too much fluoxetine?
When taking fluoxetine, it’s important to follow your doctor’s directions exactly. Taking too mu...
Why should I take fluoxetine?
Fluoxetine is an antidepressant and is used to treat problems affecting mood and mental health. ...