Who should not take fluoxetine?

You should not take fluoxetine if you are allergic to fluoxetine or to any of its other ingredients, if you take MAO inhibitors or thioridazine, or if you have stopped taking an MAO inhibitor within the past two weeks. Talk to your doctor before taking fluoxetine if you are receiving electroshock therapy, if you have recently had a heart attack, or if you have ever had liver disease, heart disease, diabetes, or seizures.

Continue Learning about Fluoxetine

What is fluoxetine?
Fluoxetine is a prescription drug that is used to treat depression, obsessive-compulsive disorde...
What happens if I stop taking fluoxetine early?
When taking fluoxetine, you need to take it for the full length of time your doctor prescribes i...
How does fluoxetine treat panic disorder?
Fluoxetine and other types of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) are often prescribed a...
What should I know about fluoxetine before taking it?
You should not take fluoxetine if you are allergic to it or to any of its ingredients. Talk to y...