What are the brand names of fluoxetine?

Fluoxetine is the generic name of the active ingredient in several brand name drugs: Prozac, Rapiflux, Sarafem and Selfemra. The product that you take may depend on your specific conditions. These drugs are part of a group called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). They actually affect and improve how the chemicals in your brain work.

Continue Learning about Fluoxetine

What should I know about fluoxetine before taking it?
You should not take fluoxetine if you are allergic to it or to any of its ingredients. Talk to y...
What happens if I miss a dose of fluoxetine?
Fluoxetine works best if taken at regular intervals as prescribed by your doctor. If you miss a dose...
Who should take fluoxetine?
Fluoxetine is intended for people being treated for depression, panic disorder, obsessive-compul...
What should I avoid while taking fluoxetine?
Avoid taking a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI), St. John's wort, or other drugs that might intera...