What are the brand names of fluoxetine?

Fluoxetine is the generic name of the active ingredient in several brand name drugs: Prozac, Rapiflux, Sarafem and Selfemra. The product that you take may depend on your specific conditions. These drugs are part of a group called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). They actually affect and improve how the chemicals in your brain work.

Continue Learning about Fluoxetine

How soon after taking fluoxetine will my symptoms improve?
It sometimes takes a month or more for symptoms to improve when taking fluoxetine, depending on why ...
Can fluoxetine be used to treat premenstrual dysphoric disorder?
Fluoxetine is approved for treating premenstrual dysphoric disorder under the brand name Sarafem onl...
How does fluoxetine treat bulimia nervosa?
Fluoxetine is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) that slows the reabsorption of seroton...
Why should I take fluoxetine?
Fluoxetine is an antidepressant and is used to treat problems affecting mood and mental health. ...