Although everyone reacts differently, typically, it takes about four to five weeks or longer before the full benefits of fluoxetine are provided. Your doctor may first give you a low dose, then gradually increase your dose. You should take this medication for as long as your doctor prescribes it. Don’t just stop taking it when you start feeling better. Abruptly stopping fluoxetine may cause withdrawal symptoms.
- Q Can fluoxetine cause weight gain?
- Q What should I know about fluoxetine before taking it?
- Q What do I do if I take too much fluoxetine?
- Q How does fluoxetine treat bulimia nervosa?
- Q Is there a generic version of fluoxetine?
- Q Can I increase my dose of Fluoxetine if it is not working?