Although everyone reacts differently, typically, it takes about four to five weeks or longer before the full benefits of fluoxetine are provided. Your doctor may first give you a low dose, then gradually increase your dose. You should take this medication for as long as your doctor prescribes it. Don’t just stop taking it when you start feeling better. Abruptly stopping fluoxetine may cause withdrawal symptoms.
- Q Can fluoxetine cause weight gain?
- Q Does fluoxetine interact with other drugs and foods?
- Q Can fluoxetine be used to treat premenstrual dysphoric disorder?
- Q Who should not take fluoxetine?
- Q Should the elderly take fluoxetine?
- Q Can fluoxetin results in suicidal thoughts?