Although everyone reacts differently, typically, it takes about four to five weeks or longer before the full benefits of fluoxetine are provided. Your doctor may first give you a low dose, then gradually increase your dose. You should take this medication for as long as your doctor prescribes it. Don’t just stop taking it when you start feeling better. Abruptly stopping fluoxetine may cause withdrawal symptoms.
- Q Can fluoxetine treat other conditions?
- Q Do fluoxetine and anti-depressants causes loss of libido?
- Q What should I avoid while taking fluoxetine?
- Q How soon after taking fluoxetine will my symptoms improve?
- Q What should I know about fluoxetine before taking it?
- Q Can fluoxetine be used to treat premature ejaculation?