Although everyone reacts differently, typically, it takes about four to five weeks or longer before the full benefits of fluoxetine are provided. Your doctor may first give you a low dose, then gradually increase your dose. You should take this medication for as long as your doctor prescribes it. Don’t just stop taking it when you start feeling better. Abruptly stopping fluoxetine may cause withdrawal symptoms.
- Q Why should I take fluoxetine?
- Q Can fluoxetine treat other conditions?
- Q Should the elderly take fluoxetine?
- Q What are the side effects of fluoxetine?
- Q Can fluoxetine be used to treat premenstrual dysphoric disorder?
- Q What do I do if I take too much fluoxetine?