Although everyone reacts differently, typically, it takes about four to five weeks or longer before the full benefits of fluoxetine are provided. Your doctor may first give you a low dose, then gradually increase your dose. You should take this medication for as long as your doctor prescribes it. Don’t just stop taking it when you start feeling better. Abruptly stopping fluoxetine may cause withdrawal symptoms.
- Q Should breastfeeding women take fluoxetine?
- Q What happens if I stop taking fluoxetine early?
- Q Why should I take fluoxetine?
- Q Can fluoxetine be used to treat premature ejaculation?
- Q Does fluoxetine interact with other drugs and foods?
- Q What are the side effects of fluoxetine?