How should I take fluoxetine?

Fluoxetine is available as a tablet, capsule, delayed release capsule, syrup or solution. You should take fluoxetine as directed by your doctor and take it at the same time each day. If it makes you sleepy, try taking fluoxetine at bedtime. Dosages are often determined according to the illness which is being treated. You can take fluoxetine with or without food; if it bothers your stomach, try taking it with food. You should take fluoxetine until your doctor tells you to stop and then carefully taper your doses as directed. Do not stop taking fluoxetine suddenly.

Continue Learning about Fluoxetine

What are the brand names of fluoxetine?
Fluoxetine is the generic name of the active ingredient in several brand name drugs: Prozac, Rap...
Why should I take fluoxetine?
Fluoxetine is an antidepressant and is used to treat problems affecting mood and mental health. ...
What should I know about fluoxetine before taking it?
You should not take fluoxetine if you are allergic to it or to any of its ingredients. Talk to y...
Should the elderly take fluoxetine?
As with any medication, not all people react the same way. Men and women 65 or older should disc...