How should I store Prozac?

Prozac (fluoxetine), a prescription drug used to treat depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder and other conditions, is available in a capsule, or as a generic drug in tablet, capsule and liquid forms. All forms of Prozac and fluoxetine should be kept where children can't see or reach them, in their original containers and away from heat or excess moisture (not in the bathroom).

If you have Prozac or fluoxetine that's past its expiration date or that you don't need any longer, ask your pharmacist about the best way to dispose of it.

Continue Learning about Fluoxetine

What should I know about fluoxetine before taking it?
You should not take fluoxetine if you are allergic to it or to any of its ingredients. Talk to y...
How long do I take fluoxetine until I begin feeling better?
Although everyone reacts differently, typically, it takes about four to five weeks or longer bef...
How does fluoxetine treat bulimia nervosa?
Fluoxetine is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) that slows the reabsorption of seroton...
How does fluoxetine work?
Fluoxetine is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) that treats depression, anxiety an...