How can I minimize the side effects of Prozac?

You can minimize the side effects of the antidepressant Prozac (fluoxetine) by taking it exactly as prescribed. Do not stop taking Prozac, even if you feel better, until your doctor tells you it's safe to do so. Stopping this drug abruptly can cause withdrawal symptoms.

Prozac can cause drowsiness. Alcohol can increase this side effect, so it's best not to drink while taking Prozac.

Continue Learning about Fluoxetine

Can fluoxetine treat other conditions?
Yes. Fluoxetine has been used to treat disorders other than depression. Before taking fluoxetine...
What should I know about fluoxetine before taking it?
You should not take fluoxetine if you are allergic to it or to any of its ingredients. Talk to y...
What happens if I stop taking fluoxetine early?
When taking fluoxetine, you need to take it for the full length of time your doctor prescribes i...
How should I take fluoxetine?
Fluoxetine is available as a tablet, capsule, delayed release capsule, syrup or solution. You should...