Can fluoxetine be used to treat premenstrual dysphoric disorder?

Fluoxetine is approved for treating premenstrual dysphoric disorder under the brand name Sarafem only. Although Sarafem can be used to treat other conditions, other forms of fluoxetine such as Prozac are not approved to treat premenstrual dysphoric disorder. Be certain that you discuss with your doctor and understand all of the risks and precautions connected to the use of fluoxetine to treat premenstrual dysphoric disorder.

Continue Learning about Fluoxetine

What should I know about fluoxetine before taking it?
You should not take fluoxetine if you are allergic to it or to any of its ingredients. Talk to y...
How should I take fluoxetine?
Fluoxetine is available as a tablet, capsule, delayed release capsule, syrup or solution. You should...
How does fluoxetine treat obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)?
Fluoxetine is used in conjunction with other medications and treatment options to treat obsessive-co...
How long do I take fluoxetine until I begin feeling better?
Although everyone reacts differently, typically, it takes about four to five weeks or longer bef...