What should I do if I miss a dose of norfloxacin (Noroxin)?

Norfloxacin (Noroxin) is a fluoroquinolone-type antibiotic used to treat a wide range of bacterial infections, such as a urinary tract infection, gonorrhea, or prostatitis. To kill the bacteria, the entire course of norfloxacin must be taken on schedule, once or twice a day as directed. If you miss a dose of norfloxacin take it as soon as possible. If it is very close to the time you are expected to take the next dose, skip the missed one and continue with your regular schedule. Don't take two doses at once.

Continue Learning about Fluoroquinolones

How does Quixin treat bacterial eye infections?
When applied topically to the eye, Quixin treats bacterial eye infections by killing the bacteria th...
What are some side effects of fluoroquinolone antibiotics?
Marc B. Garnick, MDMarc B. Garnick, MD
Fluoroquinolones and other antibiotics aren't without side effects. Nausea, vomiting, and stomach pa...