Can I take Factive if I'm pregnant?

You and your doctor must decide if Factive is right for you if you're pregnant. The effect of this drug on an unborn baby has not been studied in humans. Some research has found that high doses (equivalent to two to four times more than a typical human dose) cause birth defects in laboratory animals. However, there is no evidence that a pregnant woman who uses Factive will endanger her child. Talk about the benefits and potential risks of Factive with your doctor.

Continue Learning about Fluoroquinolones

How does Quixin treat bacterial eye infections?
When applied topically to the eye, Quixin treats bacterial eye infections by killing the bacteria th...
What are some side effects of fluoroquinolone antibiotics?
Marc B. Garnick, MDMarc B. Garnick, MD
Fluoroquinolones and other antibiotics aren't without side effects. Nausea, vomiting, and stomach pa...