Why should I stretch in the morning?

Stretching has been shown to improve range of motion, flexibility and strength and even decrease chances of injury. Stretching in the morning can be a good routine for these reasons.
After lying in bed all night often times certain muscles will become tightened and shortened due to not being moved for several hours. By stretching first thing in the morning you can loosen up tightened muscles and get them back to their normal functioning length, this will eliminate stiffness, and will improve mobility as you go about your day. Hold each stretch for 30 seconds to maximize flexibility in that muscle. 

Continue Learning about Flexibility Training

To What Degree Do I Need to Exercise to Improve My Health?
Are There Specific Stretches I Can Do to Prevent Hip Pain From Occurring?