Why should I stretch in the morning?

Stretching has been shown to improve range of motion, flexibility and strength and even decrease chances of injury. Stretching in the morning can be a good routine for these reasons.
After lying in bed all night often times certain muscles will become tightened and shortened due to not being moved for several hours. By stretching first thing in the morning you can loosen up tightened muscles and get them back to their normal functioning length, this will eliminate stiffness, and will improve mobility as you go about your day. Hold each stretch for 30 seconds to maximize flexibility in that muscle. 

Here is my Deadly Habit number 1:

Not Stretching in the Morning

Moving your body and releasing stress first thing is critical to preparing for a day where you are in control of your body.

Replacement: The 7-Minute Stretch

It will center you for the day ahead and help you focus on taking good care of yourself.

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Flexibility Training

What You Can Do to Protect Your Metabolic Flexibility
You already know that sitting too much is one of the worst things you can do to your health. Around 50 million of you are profoundly sedentary. Sittin...
How flexible am I?
Flexibility is like real estate - it all depends on location. Some may be able to twist their necks ...
What can I do for arch pain?
If you have arch pain, you should perform a combination of flexibility and strengthening techniques ...
Are There Specific Stretches I Can Do to Prevent Hip Pain From Occurring?