Why is static stretching good for cooling down after exercise?

One of the primary goals of a cool-down after exercise is to help the body relax and return to a steady state of rest. Some of the primary effects of static stretching are decreased muscle tension and increased muscle relaxation making it an ideal activity for use as a cool-down 

Continue Learning about Flexibility Training

What You Can Do to Protect Your Metabolic Flexibility
You already know that sitting too much is one of the worst things you can do to your health. Around 50 million of you are profoundly sedentary. Sittin...
How often should I do flexibility exercises?
Stretching should be performed a minimum of three days a week for 5-10 minutes at a time. For maximu...
What can I do for arch pain?
If you have arch pain, you should perform a combination of flexibility and strengthening techniques ...
Are There Specific Stretches I Can Do to Prevent Hip Pain From Occurring?