Why should I stretch after an exercise?

Stretching after exercise helps serve two purposes. It allows you to gradually decrease the intensity of exercise and perform a thorough cool down. This gives your body time to return to its resting state and blood flow to return to all parts of the body. Stretching after a workout also helps to improve pliability and range of motion of muscles which can be become tightened during an intense workout. For the best results combine foam rolling with static stretching. Roll over tight or sore spots for 30 seconds to relieve tension, and hold static stretches for 30 seconds to improve length and range of motion of joints and muscles.

Continue Learning about Flexibility Training

To What Degree Do I Need to Exercise to Improve My Health?
Are There Specific Stretches I Can Do to Prevent Hip Pain From Occurring?