Why should I do the iliotibial-band stretch exercise?

The IT band stretch is great, especially if you’re runner. The IT band runs from the top of the thigh, and crosses the knee to attach on the inside of the lower leg. Often, the IT band becomes tight from running OR walking. Not addressed, this leads to altered movement, which can later lead to pain, discomfort, or even injury.

Continue Learning about Flexibility Training

What are the benefits of flexibility training?
Eric OlsenEric Olsen
Flexibility training provides a variety of benefits:It delays or prevents the tendency to stiffen wi...
What is static stretching?
Kristy Lee Wilson - Sharecare Fitness ExpertKristy Lee Wilson - Sharecare Fitness Expert
Static stretching is the most common method used for improving flexibility. Static stretching uses a...
How does stretching help the back heal?
Harris H. McIlwain, MDHarris H. McIlwain, MD
Regular stretching lengthens the muscle tissue, improves blood flow throughout the body, and speeds ...
Can massage help improve my flexibility?
Yes, massage can help improve flexibility. The major benefits of massage for the muscles include gre...