What would help stiffness after sitting?

Simple things like stretching your hip flexors which become tight after sitting for an extended period of time and stretching your chest and back can help with stiffness. Stretch any area of the body that will spend excessive amounts of time in a flexed or shortened position and this will help with stiffness in the body after sitting. 

Sitting can make you stiff!

Surprisingly, something as relaxing as sitting can make you very stiff.  This is usually caused by the shortening of the hip flexors while you are in a sitting position for an extended period of time.  Keep your hip flexors loose and if you have been sitting for a while, stretch your hip flexors when you get up.

Continue Learning about Flexibility Training

What You Can Do to Protect Your Metabolic Flexibility
You already know that sitting too much is one of the worst things you can do to your health. Around 50 million of you are profoundly sedentary. Sittin...
What is functional flexibility?
Jay Morgan, NASM Elite TrainerJay Morgan, NASM Elite Trainer
Functional Flexibility should be based on the individual/task/goal, improve multi-planar motion, and...
I sit at a desk all day and my neck feels very stiff what can I do?
Jara Soost , NASM Elite TrainerJara Soost , NASM Elite Trainer
This can be a common problem when sitting at a desk all day.  There are a few things that can help m...
To What Degree Do I Need to Exercise to Improve My Health?