What are the new trends in flexibility exercises?

Dynamic flexibility is a great alternative to “traditional” static stretching. This type of stretching requires full range of motion through the joints in all three planes of motion. It prepares the muscles for upcoming activity by performing activity that simultaneously moves the joint and lengthens the muscle. Further, dynamic stretching exercises mimic everyday movement. Examples of dynamic stretches include bodyweight squats, leg swings, push-ups with rotation, and ball cobras. Dynamic stretching is becoming the preferred method of stretching before athletic events.

Continue Learning about Flexibility Training

What You Can Do to Protect Your Metabolic Flexibility
You already know that sitting too much is one of the worst things you can do to your health. Around 50 million of you are profoundly sedentary. Sittin...
How can I improve my flexibility so I can touch my toes?
Being able to touch your toes requires low back, hamstring, and calf flexibility. By statically stre...
I sit at a desk all day and my neck feels very stiff what can I do?
Jara Soost , NASM Elite TrainerJara Soost , NASM Elite Trainer
This can be a common problem when sitting at a desk all day.  There are a few things that can help m...
Are There Specific Stretches I Can Do to Prevent Hip Pain From Occurring?