What are the new trends in flexibility exercises?

Dynamic flexibility is a great alternative to “traditional” static stretching. This type of stretching requires full range of motion through the joints in all three planes of motion. It prepares the muscles for upcoming activity by performing activity that simultaneously moves the joint and lengthens the muscle. Further, dynamic stretching exercises mimic everyday movement. Examples of dynamic stretches include bodyweight squats, leg swings, push-ups with rotation, and ball cobras. Dynamic stretching is becoming the preferred method of stretching before athletic events.

Continue Learning about Flexibility Training

Why should I stretch as a basketball player?
Aside from running on a treadmill which many people hate to do, you can use an elliptical traine...
What is the difference between directed stretching and general stretching?
Gerald M. SilvermanGerald M. Silverman
Directed stretching is specifically designed to isolate and loosen the offending muscle spasms a...
How do I perform the forearm rotational-stretching exercise?
Rick OldermanRick Olderman
To perform the forearm rotational-stretching exercise, place your shoulders in a biomechanically cor...
How do I do the shoulder internal-rotators stretch?
Rick OldermanRick Olderman
The shoulder internal-rotator stretch exercise helps stretch the teres major, an internal rotator of...