What muscles should I stretch as a basketball player?

Everyone is a little different, but there are several muscles that have a tendency to get tight in basketball players.  The top five muscles to stretch are the calves, hip flexors, pecs/chest, inner thighs, and neck.  Some players will have other needs and should consult a personal trainer, athletic trainer, or physical therapist for a complete assessment.  If you have a history of injury you are more likely to need a more specific flexibility program.The top five muscles that most players need to stretch are the calves, hip flexors, pecs/chest, inner thighs, and neck.

Continue Learning about Flexibility Training

What You Can Do to Protect Your Metabolic Flexibility
You already know that sitting too much is one of the worst things you can do to your health. Around 50 million of you are profoundly sedentary. Sittin...
Are there any other forms of flexibility training besides just stretching?
Jara Soost , NASM Elite TrainerJara Soost , NASM Elite Trainer
Flexibility is the ability to have full active range of motion.  In general, we tend to keep the mot...
Should I perform my neck stretches before or after a workout?
It is a good idea to perform neck stretches both before and after your workout if you have tight nec...
To What Degree Do I Need to Exercise to Improve My Health?