What muscles should I stretch as a basketball player?

Everyone is a little different, but there are several muscles that have a tendency to get tight in basketball players.  The top five muscles to stretch are the calves, hip flexors, pecs/chest, inner thighs, and neck.  Some players will have other needs and should consult a personal trainer, athletic trainer, or physical therapist for a complete assessment.  If you have a history of injury you are more likely to need a more specific flexibility program.The top five muscles that most players need to stretch are the calves, hip flexors, pecs/chest, inner thighs, and neck.

Continue Learning about Flexibility Training

How do I perform a calf stretch properly?
First, find something supportive you'll be able to lean into, such as a wall. Then, place your foot ...
What stretches should I add to prevent muscle soreness after my workout?
It would be wise to stretch each major lower body muscle group after a workout (hip flexor, calf, ad...
Recently, someone told me that I should not stretch my hamstrings, why?
Without seeing you it is hard to tell. Most people have lengthened hamstrings and stretching the...
Can stretching help me rebalance my body and mind?
Performing daily flexibility exercises helps to rebalance the body by re-establishing proper len...