What is stretching?

To stretch by definition is described as:  to draw out or extend (oneself, a body, limbs, wings, etc.) to the full length or extent (often followed by out): to stretch oneself out on the ground.

Stretching is taking a muscle and elongating it such as taking a rubber band from its relaxed state and slowly expanding it.

Continue Learning about Flexibility Training

How often, and for how long, should I perform the neck stretches?
Unless you have been instructed otherwise by a healthcare professional, you can perform neck stretch...
How intense should my flexibility exercises be?
Flexibility exercises should help prepare the body for activity. Keeping the stretches to a moderate...
Why should I care about the flexibility of my body?
The muscle and joints of the body work best and are designed to function when the muscles on all sid...
How should I do a calf muscle stretch?
To do a calf muscle stretch, follow these steps: Face a wall with one leg in front of the other ...