What is stretching?

To stretch by definition is described as:  to draw out or extend (oneself, a body, limbs, wings, etc.) to the full length or extent (often followed by out): to stretch oneself out on the ground.

Stretching is taking a muscle and elongating it such as taking a rubber band from its relaxed state and slowly expanding it.

Continue Learning about Flexibility Training

What You Can Do to Protect Your Metabolic Flexibility
You already know that sitting too much is one of the worst things you can do to your health. Around 50 million of you are profoundly sedentary. Sittin...
What is the purpose of the latissimus dorsi stretch exercise?
The latissimus dorsi is the major muscle of the back involved in arm extension and internal rotation...
How can stretching help with physical health?
Stretching will help decrease the risk of injury, and improve the way you move and perform in your d...
To What Degree Do I Need to Exercise to Improve My Health?