What is stretching?

To stretch by definition is described as:  to draw out or extend (oneself, a body, limbs, wings, etc.) to the full length or extent (often followed by out): to stretch oneself out on the ground.

Stretching is taking a muscle and elongating it such as taking a rubber band from its relaxed state and slowly expanding it.

Continue Learning about Flexibility Training

What You Can Do to Protect Your Metabolic Flexibility
You already know that sitting too much is one of the worst things you can do to your health. Around 50 million of you are profoundly sedentary. Sittin...
What are the benefits of being flexible?
Being flexible means that your joints are able to move freely throughout their full range of mot...
What stretches should I add to prevent muscle soreness after my workout?
It would be wise to stretch each major lower body muscle group after a workout (hip flexor, calf, ad...
Are There Specific Stretches I Can Do to Prevent Hip Pain From Occurring?