What is the forearm rotational-stretching exercise?

Rick Olderman
Physical Therapy
The forearm rotational-stretching exercise lengthens the pronators teres and quadratus and the supinator muscles of the forearm, which typically cause elbow pain when tight. This exercise is advanced because it requires you to have good control over the rotation of your forearm. The forearm rotator muscles aren't large muscles, so a little weight will go far.
Fixing You: Shoulder & Elbow Pain: Self-treatment for rotator cuff strain, shoulder impingement, tennis elbow, golfer's elbow, and other diagnoses.

The shoulders are a floating system on the trunk, held in place and moved by muscular control. The foundation of shoulder movement is the shoulder blade which has precise resting and moving...

Continue Learning about Flexibility Training

What You Can Do to Protect Your Metabolic Flexibility
You already know that sitting too much is one of the worst things you can do to your health. Around 50 million of you are profoundly sedentary. Sittin...
What devices can be used to measure flexibility?
For the trunk and lower extremity the most common ways to measure flexibilty are using a sit and...
How can I improve neck flexibility?
To maintain range of motion and improve flexibility in your neck, try the neck rotation exercise...
Are There Specific Stretches I Can Do to Prevent Hip Pain From Occurring?