What is the importance of doing flexibility exercises?

Flexibility exercises have loads of benefit.  Be sure to complete at least 5 minutes of flexibility on a daily basis to help keep your body as flexible as possible.  Increased flexibility may lead to:

• Decreased chance of injury
  • Decrease soreness
  • Increased mobility
  • Increased strength gains
  • Increased balance

These are only some of many but being flexible is extremely important.

Continue Learning about Flexibility Training

What You Can Do to Protect Your Metabolic Flexibility
You already know that sitting too much is one of the worst things you can do to your health. Around 50 million of you are profoundly sedentary. Sittin...
I sit at a desk all day and feel tight after a few hours, what can I do?
Diane Armstrong, NASM Elite TrainerDiane Armstrong, NASM Elite Trainer
Sitting at a desk all day certainly can tighten up your muscles. Here are a few stretches to loosen ...
What devices can be used to measure flexibility?
For the trunk and lower extremity the most common ways to measure flexibilty are using a sit and...
To What Degree Do I Need to Exercise to Improve My Health?