What can I do for arch pain?

If you have arch pain, you should perform a combination of flexibility and strengthening techniques to help your body heal and prevent further injury. Begin by foam rolling your calves and IT-band. Foam rolling is a form of self-massage that can help relax tight muscles before you stretch them. Hold the tender spots for 30 seconds to allow your muscle time to relax and release the knots that are causing tension in the muscle. After you have completed the foam rolling, statically stretch your calves and hip flexor complex. Hold each stretch for 30 seconds so that your muscles have time to elongate. Next, perform strengthening exercises for the foot, ankle, and hip. Single-leg calf raises will help strengthen the muscles that support your foot and ankle. Also, you can perform resisted dorsiflexion which will strengthen the muscles in the front of your shin that help control your foot and ankle. Lastly, perform a single-leg balance exercise to strengthen the muscles of the entire leg. When performing any single-leg exercise, ensure that you keep the arch of your foot lifted while performing the exercise. Perform 1-3 sets of 10-15 repetitions of each of these exercises.

Continue Learning about Flexibility Training

What You Can Do to Protect Your Metabolic Flexibility
You already know that sitting too much is one of the worst things you can do to your health. Around 50 million of you are profoundly sedentary. Sittin...
What muscle do most people need to stretch?
The muscle most people need to stretch is the calf muscle. Due to wearing shoes with elevated he...
What is the chest stretch exercise?
Rick OldermanRick Olderman
The chest stretch exercise stretches the pectoralis major (one of the chest muscles), which originat...
To What Degree Do I Need to Exercise to Improve My Health?