What is the bowstring stretch?

In the bowstring stretch, you pull on a resistive band to simulate the motion of pulling back a bowstring. The bowstring exercise is also beneficial as a strength-training exercise when you use a band with a high level of resistance.

(This answer provided for NATA by the Southern Utah University Athletic Training Education Program.)

Continue Learning about Flexibility Training

What You Can Do to Protect Your Metabolic Flexibility
You already know that sitting too much is one of the worst things you can do to your health. Around 50 million of you are profoundly sedentary. Sittin...
What muscles should I stretch as a basketball player?
Everyone is a little different, but there are several muscles that have a tendency to get tight ...
How do I stretch my biceps?
Extend your forearm until the arm is fully extended, grab a hold of your hand and place it also in a...
To What Degree Do I Need to Exercise to Improve My Health?