What is the bowstring stretch?

In the bowstring stretch, you pull on a resistive band to simulate the motion of pulling back a bowstring. The bowstring exercise is also beneficial as a strength-training exercise when you use a band with a high level of resistance.

(This answer provided for NATA by the Southern Utah University Athletic Training Education Program.)

Continue Learning about Flexibility Training

What You Can Do to Protect Your Metabolic Flexibility
You already know that sitting too much is one of the worst things you can do to your health. Around 50 million of you are profoundly sedentary. Sittin...
How can I increase flexibility in my lower back?
To increase flexibility in your lower back:Avoid long periods of sitting (get up and move every thre...
How can I vary my flexibility exercise routine?
Robert DeVitoRobert DeVito
All stretching is not the same. Static (no movement, long holds) stretching and Dynamic Flexibility ...
Are There Specific Stretches I Can Do to Prevent Hip Pain From Occurring?