What should I avoid when doing the assisted-forearm stretch?

The assisted-forearm stretches is a series of flexibility exercises designed to lengthen the muscles of the forearm and to increase range of motion of the wrist and elbow. The assistance portion of the stretch is done by having the opposite hand push the stretch a little further. You must take caution though when performing these assisted stretches. It is easy to over stretching these muscles, which can lead to internal joint damage at the wrist or elbow and may even cause small muscle damage. Overstretching can also stimulate sensory fibers and actually reverse the effects of stretching.

Continue Learning about Flexibility Training

To What Degree Do I Need to Exercise to Improve My Health?
Are There Specific Stretches I Can Do to Prevent Hip Pain From Occurring?