What are the benefits of being flexible?

Being flexible means that your joints are able to move freely throughout their full range of motion. This helps to ensure that you do not have any muscle imbalances or improper posture, and do not put excess stress on your joints. Being flexible helps to maintain proper function in all muscles and decrease your risk of injury. Maintaining flexibility as you age will help you maintain functions of daily activities such as bending forward to tie your shoes and reaching up into cupboards.

Continue Learning about Flexibility Training

What You Can Do to Protect Your Metabolic Flexibility
You already know that sitting too much is one of the worst things you can do to your health. Around 50 million of you are profoundly sedentary. Sittin...
How do I practice the forward stretch, or the head-to-knee pose?
Diane Armstrong, NASM Elite TrainerDiane Armstrong, NASM Elite Trainer
Stand upright with your inner feet parallel and about six inches apart. Contract your front thigh mu...
Can stretching actually benefit my performance?
Yes, a consistent stretching program can improve sports performance, especially for athletes who hav...
Are There Specific Stretches I Can Do to Prevent Hip Pain From Occurring?