What are the benefits of being flexible?

Being flexible means that your joints are able to move freely throughout their full range of motion. This helps to ensure that you do not have any muscle imbalances or improper posture, and do not put excess stress on your joints. Being flexible helps to maintain proper function in all muscles and decrease your risk of injury. Maintaining flexibility as you age will help you maintain functions of daily activities such as bending forward to tie your shoes and reaching up into cupboards.

Continue Learning about Flexibility Training

What You Can Do to Protect Your Metabolic Flexibility
You already know that sitting too much is one of the worst things you can do to your health. Around 50 million of you are profoundly sedentary. Sittin...
How do I perform a calf stretch properly?
First, find something supportive you'll be able to lean into, such as a wall. Then, place your foot ...
Does stretching decrease the chance of getting injured?
Brian YeeBrian Yee
Most people present with imbalances in muscle forces. This may include anterior - posterior muscles ...
Are There Specific Stretches I Can Do to Prevent Hip Pain From Occurring?