Is it better to walk on the treadmill or stretch for my cool-down?

Both are effective. Walking on the treadmill and stretching for your cool-down can both be helpful in returning your body to a more normal state after exercise.  Low intensity cardio will help to bring down the body's heart rate to a more rested level after the workout. Foam rolling (a self-massage technique used to alleviate knots in muscles) and static stretching can be beneficial as well because it will help to reduce some of the tension in the muscles created during the workout as well as help to prevent any potential muscle imbalances from developing.  

Continue Learning about Flexibility Training

What You Can Do to Protect Your Metabolic Flexibility
You already know that sitting too much is one of the worst things you can do to your health. Around 50 million of you are profoundly sedentary. Sittin...
How often, and for how long, should I perform the neck stretches?
Unless you have been instructed otherwise by a healthcare professional, you can perform neck stretch...
Will stretching before a game affect my performance?
Dr. Mike Clark, DPTDr. Mike Clark, DPT
Static stretching (one form of flexibility) will relax the muscle being stretched and could decr...
Are There Specific Stretches I Can Do to Prevent Hip Pain From Occurring?