How do I perform a calf stretch properly?

First, find something supportive you'll be able to lean into, such as a wall. Then, place your foot about two to three foot-lengths behind you. Keeping your back foot straight, your back leg straight, and your back heel on the ground, lean foward toward the wall until you feel tension in the back of the leg. Hold this position for 30 seconds and repeat as necessary.

Continue Learning about Flexibility Training

What You Can Do to Protect Your Metabolic Flexibility
You already know that sitting too much is one of the worst things you can do to your health. Around 50 million of you are profoundly sedentary. Sittin...
How do I perform the forearm rotational-stretching exercise?
The forearm rotational stretching exercise helps to improve range of motion and tissue extensibility...
Is a once-a-week yoga class enough stretching?
Many muscles are stretched during a yoga class. However, performing a total-body stretching routine ...
To What Degree Do I Need to Exercise to Improve My Health?