How do I perform a calf stretch properly?

First, find something supportive you'll be able to lean into, such as a wall. Then, place your foot about two to three foot-lengths behind you. Keeping your back foot straight, your back leg straight, and your back heel on the ground, lean foward toward the wall until you feel tension in the back of the leg. Hold this position for 30 seconds and repeat as necessary.

Continue Learning about Flexibility Training

What You Can Do to Protect Your Metabolic Flexibility
You already know that sitting too much is one of the worst things you can do to your health. Around 50 million of you are profoundly sedentary. Sittin...
What devices can be used to measure flexibility?
For the trunk and lower extremity the most common ways to measure flexibilty are using a sit and...
What can I do for arch pain?
If you have arch pain, you should perform a combination of flexibility and strengthening techniques ...
What are flexibility exercises for feet?
Christopher Chiodo, MDChristopher Chiodo, MD
Exercises that improve flexibility help keep your feet limber and may reduce your risk for injur...