How do I perform a calf stretch properly?

First, find something supportive you'll be able to lean into, such as a wall. Then, place your foot about two to three foot-lengths behind you. Keeping your back foot straight, your back leg straight, and your back heel on the ground, lean foward toward the wall until you feel tension in the back of the leg. Hold this position for 30 seconds and repeat as necessary.

Continue Learning about Flexibility Training

What You Can Do to Protect Your Metabolic Flexibility
You already know that sitting too much is one of the worst things you can do to your health. Around 50 million of you are profoundly sedentary. Sittin...
How can I stretch most effectively?
Jara Soost , NASM Elite TrainerJara Soost , NASM Elite Trainer
Stretching is a subject that has been getting more and more attention. There are different approache...
How can I train to improve my flexibility?
To improve your flexibility, you should perform both static and dynamic stretching. In the morning, ...
Are There Specific Stretches I Can Do to Prevent Hip Pain From Occurring?