How do I stretch my latissimus dorsi muscle?

The ball lat stretch is a very effective exercise for stretching the latissimus dorsi. Get on all fours with a physioball placed directly in front of you. Place your arms in the ball, with your arm straight and your thumb up. Round your back like the “camel” stretch. Roll the ball out away from you 4-6 inches until you feel a stretch in the latissimus dorsi, hold for 30 seconds, repeat on the other side.

Continue Learning about Flexibility Training

What are some warm-up and cool-down exercises?
F. Michael Gloth, IIIF. Michael Gloth, III
Warm-up and cool-down exercises usually don't use weights, but rely more on light calisthenics. Walk...
How should I do static stretching?
Dr. Mike Clark, DPTDr. Mike Clark, DPT
Static stretching requires you to hold a muscle in a lengthened position for thirty seconds. You...
What is the purpose of the biceps stretch exercise?
Rick OldermanRick Olderman
The biceps stretch exercise stretches tight biceps muscles. One of the biceps muscles attaches to th...
What kind of flexibility do I need to do for an around the world jump?
In order to do an around the world, you need to have flexibility in your back, hamstrings, and inner...