How do I stretch my biceps?

Extend your forearm until the arm is fully extended, grab a hold of your hand and place it also in an extended position. Apply gentle pressure pulling down on the hand until you feel a stretch in the biceps. Hold this position for 30 seconds, repeat on the other side.
Rick Olderman
Physical Therapy
To stretch your biceps, lie on your back with elbow extended and rotate your forearm so the palm of your hand points down and away from you (pronated). Be sure your shoulder doesn't elevate from the table. Slightly rotate your arm to find the best stretch.

Stretching too aggressively will cause elbow pain. Place another pillow under your shoulder to decrease the stretch to the biceps and therefore elbow compression.
Fixing You: Shoulder & Elbow Pain: Self-treatment for rotator cuff strain, shoulder impingement, tennis elbow, golfer's elbow, and other diagnoses.

The shoulders are a floating system on the trunk, held in place and moved by muscular control. The foundation of shoulder movement is the shoulder blade which has precise resting and moving...

Continue Learning about Flexibility Training

What You Can Do to Protect Your Metabolic Flexibility
You already know that sitting too much is one of the worst things you can do to your health. Around 50 million of you are profoundly sedentary. Sittin...
How often should I do flexibility exercises?
JC Pinzon JC Pinzon
Flexibility exercises should be done every day. Stretching major muscle groups is paramount to stay ...
What devices can be used to measure flexibility?
For the trunk and lower extremity the most common ways to measure flexibilty are using a sit and...
To What Degree Do I Need to Exercise to Improve My Health?