How often, and for how long, should I perform the neck stretches?

Unless you have been instructed otherwise by a healthcare professional, you can perform neck stretches daily. It is a particular good idea to stretch before and after every workout if you have tight neck muscles. When applying a neck stretch, hold the stretch for approximately 30 seconds. This will give the muscle enough time to relax and lengthen. The most popular neck stretch is the upper trapezius neck stretch.

Continue Learning about Flexibility Training

What You Can Do to Protect Your Metabolic Flexibility
You already know that sitting too much is one of the worst things you can do to your health. Around 50 million of you are profoundly sedentary. Sittin...
Should I stretch before or after my warm-up?
Anka Ivanisevic, NASM Elite TrainerAnka Ivanisevic, NASM Elite Trainer
Do some foam rolling and static stretching prior to a warm-up. Foam rolling will help release knots ...
What is active-isolated stretching?
Todd Townes - Sharecare Fitness ExpertTodd Townes - Sharecare Fitness Expert
Active Isolated Stretching (AIS) is one of the methods of stretching most used by today's athletes,...
To What Degree Do I Need to Exercise to Improve My Health?