How often, and for how long, should I perform the neck stretches?

Unless you have been instructed otherwise by a healthcare professional, you can perform neck stretches daily. It is a particular good idea to stretch before and after every workout if you have tight neck muscles. When applying a neck stretch, hold the stretch for approximately 30 seconds. This will give the muscle enough time to relax and lengthen. The most popular neck stretch is the upper trapezius neck stretch.

Continue Learning about Flexibility Training

Is it possible to stretch too much before a track workout or competition?
The goals for warming up and stretching are to help the body compete better and diminish the cha...
Should I perform my neck stretches before or after a workout?
It is a good idea to perform neck stretches both before and after your workout if you have tight nec...
Why should I do the iliotibial-band stretch exercise?
Rick OldermanRick Olderman
The iliotibial band (ITB) stretch exercise helps stretch the ITB and possibly the tensor fascia lata...
How should I do hamstring stretches?
Sadie LincolnSadie Lincoln
Tight hamstrings are a very common condition that is best alleviated by light daily stretching. ...