How often, and for how long, should I perform the neck stretches?

Unless you have been instructed otherwise by a healthcare professional, you can perform neck stretches daily. It is a particular good idea to stretch before and after every workout if you have tight neck muscles. When applying a neck stretch, hold the stretch for approximately 30 seconds. This will give the muscle enough time to relax and lengthen. The most popular neck stretch is the upper trapezius neck stretch.

Continue Learning about Flexibility Training

What You Can Do to Protect Your Metabolic Flexibility
You already know that sitting too much is one of the worst things you can do to your health. Around 50 million of you are profoundly sedentary. Sittin...
I want to start stretching. How long should I hold the stretched position?
Barb MacGillivary, NASM Elite TrainerBarb MacGillivary, NASM Elite Trainer
When performing a static stretch to elongate an overactive or tight muscle, it is necessary to hold ...
What is the bowstring stretch?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
In the bowstring stretch, you pull on a resistive band to simulate the motion of pulling back a ...
Are There Specific Stretches I Can Do to Prevent Hip Pain From Occurring?